A large bonfire that ignited a fence and a wheelie bin has sparked a warning from the fire service.
The Dover fire crew was called to Tower Hamlets Road in Dover at 8.45pm yesterday to the blaze in a back garden.
Watch manager Jamie Muddle said: "We want to remind people that if you are burning garden waste to keep it small and within a little container.
"Don't use flammable liquids to light it.
"This fire was so big it set the fence and a recycling bin alight."
Despite Mr Muddle's warning referring to garden waste, this blaze contained general rubbish, he said.
After extinguishing the flames, the crew left the scene at 9.10pm.