Home   Dover   News   Article

Kitchen fire caused by electrical fault with oven in River, near Dover

An electrical fault with a household oven is said to be the cause of a fire in River on Sunday night.

Fire crews were called to Valley Road, on the outskirts of Dover at 10.19pm.

The rear of a built in oven was alight and the flames had spread to the kitchen worktops.

Stock pic
Stock pic

The mounted wall units and tiles were damaged.

A statement from Kent Fire and Rescue said: "Crews used breathing apparatus, a hose reel jet and a fan to tackle and contain the fire. They also used the ventilation fan to clear the property of smoke.

"It is believed to have been caused by an electrical fault within the oven."

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More