Published: 16:30, 30 April 2021
| Updated: 08:42, 01 May 2021
A video shows more people arriving at Dover today having made the dangerous journey across the Channel.
Dozens of people, some wearing masks and some wrapped in blankets, were transported to safety on a Border Force boat this afternoon.
People arriving in Dover today. Video: Chris Johnson
A witness said more than 100 people had arrived today.
The Home Office has been approached for a comment.
It comes as a record number of people were reported to have tried to cross the stretch of water between France and Kent on Wednesday.
French and British authorities found 16 boats heading for the coastline - of these, British Border Force seized nine small boats and took in 209 people.
Meanwhile French border control stopped seven, involving 166 people.
The Home Office says it is working closely with partners in France to stop migrants from leaving French beaches.
A spokesperson said: "We are working closely with our partners in France to stop these unnecessary journeys and the ruthless criminal gangs behind them. As a result more than 2,500 people have been prevented from making the dangerous crossing so far this year, and we have also secured 65 small boat related prosecutions since the start of 2020.
“There is more work to be done and our New Plan for Immigration will fix the asylum system, cracking down on the business model of people smugglers who put lives at risk by facilitating dangerous journeys into the UK.”
The government body has also introduced new rules which make asylum claims inadmissible where people have travelled through safe countries to get to the UK through illegal routes.
The plans have been questioned by experts, and some refugees living in the UK fear the proposals could “punish” people seeking safety.