Bosses of a funfair have expressed their shock and sadness after a teenage boy was confirmed dead at the attraction.
Emergency services were called to the funfair in Pencester Gardens, Dover, shortly before 7.45am today.
The boy is understood to have suffered fatal injuries following an accident on the fairground ride which was not operating at the time.
A South East Coast Ambulance Service spokesman said: "We were called at 7.42am this morning to a serious incident at Pencester Gardens in Dover.
"We immediately dispatched a number of clinical resources to the scene, however, sadly, a teenage boy was pronounced as deceased at the scene.”
Police officers were seen this morning interviewing people at the funfair, which had been due to open at midday today for a four-day run.
One ride was seen covered with tarpaulin, while forensics officers carried out investigations.
The funfair was supplied by Forrest Amusements and is understood to have been set up yesterday.
A statement from Forrest Amusements reads: "We are deeply shocked and saddened to hear about the tragic incident which occurred this morning (Wednesday, August 3) at one of our funfair events in Pencester Gardens, Dover.
"Kent Police have confirmed that the death is not being treated as suspicious, and a report will be prepared for the coroner.
"The Health and Safety Executive has attended the scene along with the emergency services."
The firm, which was established in 1889 and has bases in Herne Bay and Dartford, says on its website: "All rides hold independent safety certificates and are covered by our £10 million pound liability insurance.
"All our funfair attractions are operated in accordance with the British HSG175 standard for safe practise at Fairgrounds and Amusement Parks."
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "The death is not being treated as suspicious and a report will be prepared for the coroner."
The Health and Safety Executive says it is "assisting emergency services with their response”.
Pencester Road was initially closed to passing traffic, but later reopened.