Home   Faversham   Sport   Article

Isthmian League round-up: Faversham keeper Luke Watkins saves stoppage-time penalty

Faversham keeper Luke Watkins saved an injury-time penalty to preserve a point against Hastings in Isthmian South East on Saturday.

Watkins guessed right to keep out Ryan Worrall’s 96th-minute spot-kick in a goalless draw.

Faversham keeper Luke Watkins - saved a last-gasp penalty. Picture: Alan Langley (42430453)
Faversham keeper Luke Watkins - saved a last-gasp penalty. Picture: Alan Langley (42430453)

It came after Hastings keeper Louis Rogers had earlier saved a penalty, keeping out Harry Harding’s spot-kick in the 25th minute.

Josh Wisson grabbed an 89th-minute winner as Ashford United claimed their first win of the season, 2-1 at Ramsgate.

Adrian Stone had put Ashford ahead in the first half from a corner and Mitchell Chapman saw red in the first half for two yellow cards.

But an own goal with 12 minutes left looked to have given Ramsgate a point until Wisson worked his magic.

Herne Bay bounced back from last week’s defeat to record a 3-0 win at Phoenix Sports.

Tushaun-Tyreese Walters gave Bay a seventh-minute lead but the result was in doubt until stoppage time when Zak Ansah and Dean Grant both netted for the visitors.

Aaron Millbank handed Whitstable a half-time lead at home to VCD Athletic but it all unravelled after the break for Lloyd Blackman’s men.

Two goals in as many minutes from Ashley Probets and Chris Edwards turned the game on its head before Marcus Elliott and Paul Vines wrapped up the points.

Dan Parkinson’s second-half equaliser ensured a share of the spoils for Sevenoaks at Whitehawk, who led through Ahmed Abdulla’s goal on the half-hour.

Oaks finished with 10 men after Tom Ripley’s red card in the final minute.

Goals in either half handed Cray Valley a 2-1 win over Sittingbourne.

Daniel Smith and Hassan Ibrahiym scored for the hosts, Andy Drury pulled one back with 14 minutes left to set up a nervy finale.

John Ufuah kept his cool to tuck away a stoppage-time spot-kick and earn Margate a 2-2 draw at home to Carshalton.

First-half goals from David Fisher and Omar Koroma handed the visitors a comfortable lead but an own goal on the hour followed by Ufuah’s penalty completed a spirited comeback.

Another Isthmian Premier game, another two goals for Cray Wanderers’ Joe Taylor.

The striker took his tally to four in two league games with a first-half brace at East Thurrock. Freddie Parker made it 3-0 in the second half before Jonathan Nzengo’s late consolation.

An own goal, Ian Draycott, Aaron Simpson and Scott Heard led Folkestone to a 4-1 win over Wingate & Finchley. Read the match report here.

In the FA Trophy, Frannie Collin proved the different between Hythe and Chalfont St Peter.

Collin scored a hat-trick as Hythe won 3-0 to set up a home derby with Ashford United in the Second Qualifying Round on October 17.

Read more: All the latest sports news in Kent

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More