Home   Folkestone   News   Article

Fire in basement flat

Fire destroyed part of a basement flat in Folkestone early Friday.

The emergency services were called to the fire in St Michaels Street at 7.10am.

Two fire engines attended and firefighters had to wear breathing apparatus to enter the property. The bedroom was destroyed.

An ambulance was called for a man found outside the flat but he refused treatment.

Firefighters remained on the scene for an hour, controlling and putting out the flames.

The fire is thought to have started in the bedroom and firefighters believe it was caused by unattended smoking items or candles.

No one else was in the property at the time.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More