A man who rubbed bleach in his eyes and face when he used a hand-washing machine at a supermarket, has been offered compensation.
Shopper Peter Hill, received a painful surprise when he washed his hands and face in the toilets at Morrisons in Strood.
He used an automatic machine, which dispenses soap, water and then hot air, but when he splashed his face, his eyes began to sting.
Staff had mistakenly put bleach instead of soap into the dispenser.
His story was first publicised in last Friday’s Medway Messenger. He contacted us to see if we could get a response from Morrisons, as he said he wasn’t getting anywhere by himself.
Mr Hill, of Reedham Crescent, Cliffe Woods, visited the store on Sunday, August 31.
He said: “I must thank the Medway Messenger.
“Within hours of the story hitting the streets, I got telephone calls and emails from Morrisons about the situation.
“By the end of Friday, I’d been offered an apology and £250 compensation.
“I’m very pleased with the outcome; all I wanted was an apology.
“I’m going to Cyprus on holiday, so the money will come in handy.”