Talks concerning Darren Stevens’ Kent future appear to have stalled, with the all-rounder admitting it has taken longer than he’d hoped.
The 36-year-old, who is out of contract at the end of the season, is hopeful of seeing out his career at Kent and was expecting to have his future plans clear at the start of the summer.
However, he revealed that talks are ongoing and appears to be no closer to signing a new contract.
Stevens (pictured) said: "We have had a chat and as a result of those discussions, we will be having more chats. Nothing has been served or delivered as yet, so I will sit down and talk with (chief executive) Jamie Clifford but at the minute nothing has been agreed."
When asked whether it has taken longer than he expected, he said: "Yes it has unfortunately but hopefully something will happen sooner rather than later."
Stevens hit his first hundred of the summer in the draw against Essex at Chelmsford last week and said the knock was up there with the most important of his career.
Kent began their championship game against Northamptonshire at St Lawrence yesterday (Wednesday) and are due to play their first Clydesdale Bank Pro40 home game of the season against Unicorns on Sunday.