Every dog has its day - and fortunately for bull terrier Roxy it was when firefighters gave mouth-to-mutt after finding her unconscious in a house fire.
The pet was given the kiss of life after firefighters rescued her from a burning building.
Roxy, a mini Staffordshire bull terrier, was found unconscious when crews arrived at the Northfleet property, whose kitchen was gutted by flames.
The two-year-old, who was alone at the Rural Vale house, had almost made it to the front door when she collapsed due to smoke inhalation.
But now she's back playing with owner Martyn Kean after Thames-side's blue watch went beyond the call of duty and puckered up to the pooch to bring her round.
Oliver Standon said fellow firefighters Joe Bradley and Lee Darlington had administered mouth-to-mouth before giving Roxy oxygen.
A spokesman for Kent Fire and Rescue Service said the procedure was not standard practice.
Mr Kean, a 20-year-old mechanic who was working when the fire broke out, said: "She's got a cough and her eyes are a bit sore, but other than that she's fine.
"I'm just so grateful. She was the only thing I could think about when I got the call to say what had happened. She was all I was worried about."
The blaze is thought to have started when a kettle boiled dry.
Firefighters from Swanscombe joined the rescue, just off London Road, when called by worried neighbours.