Published: 07:46, 08 January 2019
| Updated: 12:49, 08 January 2019
Flood warnings have been issued for large parts of the county.
The Environment Agency issued several warnings this morning due to high waters and strong winds.
Areas affected include:
- Pegwell Bay to Deal. This includes the Tidal Stour including the Pfizer site, parts of Sandwich and the Tidal Stour between the sea and Stonar Cut.
Scroll down for audio.
- Isle of Sheppey and North Kent coast from Kemsley to Seasalter are also at risk including Sheerness, Minster, Queenborough, Leysdown on Sea, Sittingbourne and Faversham.
- Whitstable to Margate including Herne Bay, Reculver, Marshside, Saint Nicholas at Wade, Birchington and Westgate on Sea.
- Tidal Medway means the Medway estuary and Isle of Grain, including Aylesford, Medway Towns, Lower Halstow, Middle Stoke and Lower Stoke are at risk.
- Dartford to Allhallows including Crayford, Greenhithe, Northfleet, Gravesend and the North Kent Marshes.
The water will be at it's highest at 2pm and conditions may apply within between 12pm and 4pm.
Flooding to promenades, coastal footpaths and low-lying lands at these times. There is no flooding forecaset for properties.
The agency said: "We are closely monitoring the situation. Our incident response staff are checking defences.
"Please avoid using low lying footpaths near local watercourses."
If you are concerned visit the government website or call Floodline on 0345 988 1188.
More updates to follow.