Published: 11:21, 16 November 2009
| Updated: 11:21, 16 November 2009
The Archbishop of Canterbury Dr Rowan Williams has contributed a recipe for ginger biscuits to a cookbook published to raise money for charity.
Dr Williams's recipe comes in the 'Teatime Treats' section and he has this tip for his biscuits: "Great fun can be had by making the biscuits into Gingerbread Men and decorating for Christmas!"
The not-for-profit book is endorsed by TV celebrity chef Kevin Woodford, who has appeared on shows including Ready Steady Cook and Planet Cook.
The Archbishop's recipe:
150g granulated sugar
One medium egg
75g golden syrup, warmed
300g self raising flour
2tsp ground ginger
1tbsp bicarbonate of soda
1. Cream the margarine and sugar together until well blended.
2. Beat in the egg and the warm golden syrup.
3. Stir the dry ingredients together and add gradually to the mixture.
4. Roll into walnut sized balls and bake on a greased baking tray at 150 C/300 F/gas mar 2 for 10-15 minutes. Alternatively, use a cutter to form gingerbread men.
5. Leave to cool on the tray.
More by this authorKentOnline reporter