Hundreds of union members at the Port of Dover are set to start a three-day strike on Thursday - it will not last as long as originally planned.
It had been expected it would be a three-day walkout, from 7am Thursday to 7am Sunday. However, the union has now said it will finish at noon on Saturday.
Dover Harbour Board says the port will continue to operate a full ferry schedule during as it did during the first two-day strike last week.
The industrial action is in protest at the board's decision to privatise 190 jobs, including mooring, trailer handling and security.
Unite union members voted overwhelmingly in favour of strike action, with more than 83 per cent in favour.
Unite says it does not take strike action lightly and is still prepared to negotiate over the best way of protecting its members’ jobs.
Jane Jeffery, Unite regional industrial organiser, said: "This is the second strike our members are taking part in and they are determined to protect their terms and conditions of employment.
"The workers are angry that the company has done nothing to help resolve the situation and now feel they have no choice but to take strike action to defend their livelihoods."
• For more news from Dover and Deal visit eastkentmercury.co.uk >>>