This weekend millions of people across the country will honour our fallen soldiers at Remembrance services.
On Sunday, parades will be held to mark Armistice day which this year also marks 100 years since the end of the First World War.
This includes Danny Boyle's Pages of the Sea Armistice centenary beach event which will be unveiled on Sunday.
Beacons will be lit at 7pm in the evening and full list can be found here.
And there are several beautiful poppy installations across the county that have been running over the Remembrance period.
If you need to travel to an event, here is the full list of road closures to consider before you leave:
The Maidstone Centenary Remembrance Day Parade will set off from the junction of Earl Street with Week Street at 10:30am and continue into the High Street.
In the evening, the Battle's Over beacon lighting ceremony in Jubilee Square from 6.30pm to 7.30pm will include the Last Post by Kevin Ashman.
Local churches will be ringing their bells at 7.05pm.
Road closures will be in place from 9.45am to 12.30am include:
- County Road (parking for military coaches and dignitaries)
- Sandling Road (outside County Hall at its junction with White Rabbit)
- Station Road at its junction with Week Street
- Union Street at its junctions with Week Street
- Wheeler Street
- Church Road
-St Faith's Street
-Wyke Manor Road
-Pudding Lane at its junction with High Street
-Lower High Street Bridge Gyratory
-St Peters Street
-Barker Road Broadway (including Broadway bridge)
-Rocky Hill London Road at its junction with Buckland Hill to Rocky Hill
-Tonbridge Road at its junction with Broadway and Terrace Road
The parade will start at 10:30am and finish at 11:30am with the following roads closed to cars, buses and cyclists:
- North Street
- Kings Street
- Forge Lane
- High Street
- Oak Lane
- Wheeler Street
From 10.45am to 11.15am:
- A26 West Bound before Glebe Lane
- A26 East Bound before Cedar Drive
- At foot of Cedar Drive North Street half way down
- At foot of Barned Court
- At junction of South Street and Church Lane
- A26 West Bound at the zebra Crossing
- A26 East Bound half way between Cedar Drive and North Street
- Top of South Street North Street by Matterdale Gardens
From 10.15am to 10.35am:
-A229 High Street
- Headcorn Road
- Marden Road Offens Drive
- High Street Chapel Lane
- High Street Bell Lane
- High Street
- Church Green
From 10.50am to 11.10am the High Street will be closed outside the Church, south of Vicarage Road, north of Vicarage Road, south of Kenward Road and Vicarage Road outside of Windmill House.
The evening Battles Over Parade will close the High Street at its junction with Lees Road and Benover Road and south of the junction with Vicarage Road from 5.30pm to 9pm.
From 10.50am to 11.25am the junction of High Street and Lower Road Chart Hill Road, High Street at its junction with A274 and Lower Road and Chart Road at its junction with A274 will be closed.
Tonbrige and Malling
From 10am to 4pm a large number of roads across the district will be closed:
- Bradford Street
- High Street,
- Castle street
- River Walk (Bradford Street to High Street)
- New Wharf Road,
- Medway Wharf Road,
- Lyons Crescent,
- East Street.
- Admiral Moore Drive (Mountbatten Pavilion to Hall Road),
- Bentley Close East Peckham
- Pound Road,
- Bush Road (from junction Pound Road),
- Fell Mead,
- Bramley Road,
- Westwood Road,
- The Old Dairy,
- Chidley Cross Road,
- Church Lane Kings Hill
- Queen Street (Fortune Way to Orient Court)
- Malling Road (Holmesdale College to High Street),
- Constitution Hill,
- Cemetery Road,
- Paddlesworth Road (Cemetery Road to the Community Centre)
- Upper Mill,
- A26 Tonbridge Road (Upper Mill to Wateringbury Church)
- Kilnbarn Road (Community centre to New Road),
- New Road (Kilnbarn Road to A20 London Road)
- For 2 minutes silence only the traffic will be held on A20 London Road at the traffic signals New Road/Station Road.
- Foxbush (B245 London Road to property 20)
In West Malling the High Street will be closed from St Leonards St to 134 at 10.15am to 11.10am and at 2.05pm-2.15pm the Railway Bridge to St Leonards Street.
Various parades across the district will mean road closures will be in place from 10am to 12pm:
- The Street (Primary School to the Church)
- Oak Lane (Bishop Lane to the Recreation Ground)
- Bridge Road (Tescos to High Street),
- High Street (Bridge Road to Broadway),
- Broadway (High Street to Trinity Road)
- Avenue of Remembrance (Roman Square to Central Avenue),
- Central Avenue (Avenue of Remembrance to High Street)
Each year Canterbury remembers and takes time to reflect on those lost during both wars on Remembrance Sunday, and this year's commemoration will be on an even larger scale. A number of special services, events and exhibitions will be held, both at and in connection with Canterbury Cathedral, to commemorate and reflect. Starting on Saturday 10th November at 11am there will be numerous events throughout the city, including the Remembrance Ceremony in the Buttermarket, wreath laying, music and word performances, choral evensong and ‘Beacons of Light’ display in Toddler’s Cove.
The following road closures will be in place on Sunday from 10am to 1pm:
- Albert Street (Car Park to High Street)
- High Street (Albert Street to Oxford Street)
- Oxford Street (High Street to Cromwell Road)
- Burgate (Canterbury Lane to Mercer Lane),
- Canterbury Lane (Link Lane to Burgate),
- Iron Bar Lane(Link Lane to Burgate)
-Herne Street (Bentese Close to Albion Lane), School Lane (Herne Street to St Martins View)
On Saturday a parade to the Memorial Wall from the Viking Shop sundial outside Next will begin at 10am.
Minster Church of England Primary School choir will perform and a reading of We Will Remember Them will be given.
The parade will finish at 10.45am with Land of Hope and Glory and vintage entertainment with military vehicles will be at the centre until 3pm.