Home   Kent   News   Article

Six-week-old baby saved in Dartford house fire

House fire in East Hill, Dartford
House fire in East Hill, Dartford

The house in East Hill, Dartford, was badly damaged by fire

A six-week-old baby was among those who escaped a fire at a house in Dartford early today.

A family fled when the front of their home, in East Hill, caught alight at about 2am.

The couple had only been in the house - their first home - with the child for a week.

Dartford firefighters quickly brought the fire under control, but the damage was extensive.

Initial investigations pointed to a cigarette in a rubbish bin starting the blaze, which spread to a sofa waiting to be removed.

The front wall cladding came off at the height of the blaze.

The couple are being moved to another home while the landlord repairs the property.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More