Published: 07:44, 14 March 2019
| Updated: 07:45, 14 March 2019
Strong winds are expected to batter the county today.
After the UK was ravaged by Storm Gareth earlier this week, the Met Office has issued a yellow wind warning across Kent and large parts of England.
The warning is in place from 6am until 1pm today.
The Met Office says: "Strong winds are expected through Thursday, with a short period of particularly gusty conditions across parts of northern England early in the morning, moving southeastwards across other parts of England by late morning.
"Gusts of 45 to 55mph are likely, perhaps as much as 60 to 65mph very briefly in a few places, accompanied by a short burst of heavy rain."
Winds are expected to ease in the afternoon, while remaining gusty.
The Met Office warns residents to expect some delays to road and public transport, and says some short-term loss of power is possible.
Delays for high-sided vehicles on exposed routes and bridges are also likely.
Operation Stack is still in force today, and police say it is expected to continue into this afternoon.
The measure has seen the coastbound carriageway of the M20 closed between junctions 8 and 9 to all but freight traffic.