Home   Kent   Sport   Article

FA Cup first qualifying round round-up

MARGATE enjoyed a comfortable 4-0 victory against Cowes in the FA Cup first qualifying round at Hartsdown Park on Saturday.

Ian Hilaire opened the scoring for the home side in the 20th minute and Darren Watson doubled the lead on the stroke of half-time.

Second half goals from Jermain Brown and Ellis Remy sealed the win.

Folkestone Invicta are also through after a 3-1 win against Egham Town at the Buzzlines Stadium.

John Guest and Simon Glover put Neil Cugley's men two up before the break.

But an Ashley Martin penalty pulled one back for the visitors midway through the second half and Invicta were relieved when James Dryden made the game safe three minutes from time.

Bromley ran out easy 4-1 winners at Bedfont.

The Lilywhites took the lead after just 40 seconds through Adolf Amoako and although Bedfont quickly levelled, further goals from Nic McDonnell, Des Boateng and Fraser Logan settled matters.

Near neighbours Cray Wanderers had Michael Power to thank for their 4-0 win against Kingstonian at Hayes Lane.

The striker bagged a hat-trick in an ill-tempered clash that saw both sides reduced to eight men.

Jim Ward's Ramsgate side continued their good start to the season with a 3-1 cup win at Croydon Athletic.

Goals from Shaun Welford, David Cory and Steffan Ball did the damage.

Dover Athletic are also through after Craig Wilkins scored the only goal in a 1-0 win at Bashley.

Tonbridge Angels are still in the competition after a last gasp Ray Powell goal secured a 3-3 draw at Hastings United.

Danny Lye and Leroy Huggins got the other goals for Tony Dolby's side in a topsy-turvy cup tie.

However, it wasn't such good news for Chatham Town or Ashford Town, who both crashed out of the competition.

Chatham looked set for a remarkable recovery after a Byron Walker goal and a Brendon Cass penalty in first half stoppage time and then a Robert Denness strike a minute into the second half had turned a 2-0 deficit into a 3-2 lead.

But the visitors had the last laugh with an equaliser on 64 minutes and then a winner just five minutes from time from Dave Stevens.

Ashford's dismal start to the season continued with a 3-0 cup exit at the hands of Windsor & Eton at Homelands.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More