Home   Kent   Sport   Article

Midweek Ryman League round-up

Luckless Margate were heading for maximum points at Canvey in the Ryman League Premier Division on Tuesday night before a power failure hit their hopes.

Margate led 4-0 when a power failure in the local area meant the game had to be abandoned in the 82nd minute.

Aaron Lacey and Kenny Pratt scored twice in as many minutes on the stroke of half-time to put Margate 2-0 ahead. Ryan Peters (67) and Wayne Wilson (75) added further goals in the second half.

~ Audio: Ryman League chairman Alan Turvey explains to km-fm's Paddy Gearey how they will reach a decision as to whether the Margate result is going to stand >>>

Dover's march to the title continued with a 2-1 win over AFC Hornchurch. Sammy Moore and Alan Pouton's second-half goals proved enough, either side of Mark Janney's penalty.

Dartford had to settle for a point from their trip to Hastings after a goalless draw.

Maidstone's scheduled match against Harrow Borough at Bourne Park on Wednesday night was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch following a 3.30pm pitch inspection.

A goal in either half from Brad Potter and Lee Barnett was enough for Chatham to win 2-0 at home to Wingate & Finchley in Ryman League Division 1 North.

Rikki Cable scored for Thamesmead but they lost out 2-1 at Great Wakering.

Jamie Wood scored 10 minutes into the second half to give title-chasing Cray a 1-0 win at Walton & Hersham in Ryman League Division 1 South.

Sittingbourne moved to within four points of Ryman League Division 1 South leaders Kingstonian on Monday after defeating lowly Corinthian Casuals 2-1 at Bourne Park.

A defensive-minded Casuals side set about frustrating the Brickies by flooding the midfield but, when Richard Brady turned and fired past Colin Harris in the 37th minute, all appeared to be going to plan.

Further chances came and went at the start of the second half, before Casuals levelled through a Dale Hennesey penalty following a foul by Joe Dowley.

The repatriated Bradley Spice then entered the fray after his return from Ashford Town, and after Ryan Andrews had been sent off, the 10-man home side completed an important victory when Spice's cross was missed by Harris, and Tom Bradbrook tapped home the winner.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More