Home   Kent   Sport   Article

Ryman League round-up

Sittingbourne come away with the ball against Ramsgate
Sittingbourne come away with the ball against Ramsgate

There will definitely be another Kent team in the Ryman League, Premier Division next season after the county’s clubs filled all four play-off spots in Division 1 South.

Maidstone United will host Folkestone Invicta on Tuesday night, with the other semi-final pitting Faversham Town against Hythe Town.
The Stones beat Horsham 3-0 in front of the league’s biggest crowd of the season – 2,305 – but they couldn’t stop Dulwich Hamlet going up as champions.

Goals from Stuart King, Ade Olorunda and Paul Booth saw Maidstone to victory but Dulwich came from behind to draw 1-1 with Horsham and clinch the title by a single point.

Faversham finished third thanks to a 1-0 win at Leatherhead. Dave Botterill scored the only goal nine minutes from time to deny the Tanners a top-five spot.

That opened the door for Folkestone to sneak into the play-offs and they took full advantage with a 1-0 win at home to Herne Bay.

Johan Ter Horst netted two minutes into the second half to keep alive Invicta’s dreams of a second promotion in four seasons.

Hythe could only draw 2-2 at Walton & Hersham and the result cost them home advantage in their semi-final.

Scott Porter’s side had to twice come from behind, with Mike Yianni and Dave Cook on target. They must win at Salters Lane if they are to reach the play-off final.

Ramsgate finished a point outside the play-offs despite winning 1-0 atSittingbourne. Ian Pulman scored the only goal in what was the Brickies’ last game at Bourne Park.

Goals from the Everitt brothers earned Whitstable Town a 2-1 win at home to Three Bridges. Micheal opened the scoring on 63 minutes and James won the game with an 87th-minute penalty straight after the visitors had levelled.

That was enough to ensure the Oystermen finished above local rivals Herne Bay.

Margate finished eighth in the Premier Division after ending their campaign with a goalless draw at home to Harrow Borough.

Cray Wanderers were already safe and two late Leigh Bremner strikes earned them a 4-4 draw at Wingate & Finchley. Sam Long and Michael Power scored the others.

Thamesmead Town could join them next season as they prepare for a Division 1 North semi-final against Witham Town.

Richard Stevens scored a hat-trick and Tyrus Gordon netted the other as third-placed Mead ended the regular season with a 4-0 win at lowly Harlow.

Chatham Town could have finished the season with a fifth straight win but they were held to a 0-0 draw at Waltham Forest.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More