Home   Thanet   News   Article

Car body workshop fire at Copperleaf Business Park, Dane Valley Road, Broadstairs


More news, no ads

LEARN MORE

Firefighters tackled a blaze at a car body workshop.

The unit at Copperleaf Business Park in Dane Valley Road, Broadstairs, went up in flames at about 6.45pm yesterday.

Crews arrived to find the fire well-developed, with smoke billowing.

Firefighters responded to the call. Stock image
Firefighters responded to the call. Stock image

Teams wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel and main jet to douse the flames.

They managed to contain the fire to one unit, 30% of which was destroyed. The rest suffered heat and smoke damage.

It is believed to have been caused by a battery charger.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More