Home   Thanet   News   Article

Dog rescued by fire crews at blaze in Lister Road, Margate

A dog had to be rescued after a house caught fire.

Fire crews were called to the blaze at Lister Road in Margate at 9.26am today.

Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus had to search the smoke-logged house following fears that people were still inside.

Firefighters were called to the blaze. Stock image
Firefighters were called to the blaze. Stock image

But all were accounted for with no injuries.

Crews quickly extinguished the blaze on the ground floor using a high-pressure hose reel jet.

They then cleared smoke and fumes from the property using a positive pressure ventilation fan.

The dog was brought out by firefighters and successfully resuscitated after being given oxygen therapy.

The crew members used specialist animal kit carried by all Kent’s fire engines.

Kent Fire and Rescue Service says that the cause of the fire is thought to be suspicious and will be investigated by Kent Police in conjunction with KFRS fire investigation officers.

Two fire engines were called out and South East Coast Ambulance Service also attended.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More