Published: 17:44, 07 May 2019
| Updated: 14:29, 16 May 2019
Furniture burning in a garden caused damage to a house after it spread to the property.
The fire in the back garden of the house in Elham Close, Margate, led to plumes of black smoke billowing into the air.
But the blaze soon became out of control and spread to the ground floor of the house last Tuesday afternoon (May 7).
WATCH: Smoke and flames coming from the fire
Fire crews were called to the scene, which sits between two primary schools – St Anthony’s School and Northdown Primary Academy School and Nursery.
Firefighters wore breathing apparatus and used a main jet, hose reel jet and hydrant to extinguish the fire. The fire was reported just after 4pm, with crews in two fire engines leaving the scene around an hour later.
British Red Cross provided support to the homeowners but no casualties were reported.
Kent Fire and Rescue Service says the cause of the fire is accidental but has warned people about taking extra care.