Home   Thanet   News   Article

Teenage girl allegedly gang-raped by men after asking for help in Ramsgate

A 16-year-old drunk girl was gang raped by four laughing strangers who "took advantage of her" after she asked them for directions, it has been alleged.

The girl was taken to a room near a kebab and pizza restaurant in Ramsgate and subjected to a frightening ordeal, it was claimed.

The teenager was attacked above a takeaway. Stock image
The teenager was attacked above a takeaway. Stock image

Prosecutor Simon Taylor claimed that after pushing the girl onto a mattress, the men carried out multiple rapes "and laughed as they put her through the ordeal".

Shershah Muslimyar, 20, of Hovenden Close, Canterbury, restaurant owner Tamin Rahani, 37, of Northwood Road, Ramsgate, Rafiullah Hamidy, 24, of no fixed address and a teenager from Ashford, who can’t be named for legal reasons, all deny three charges of rape.

Prosecutor Simon Taylor told Canterbury Crown Court: "The girl was undoubtedly drunk and was walking the streets alone late at night.

"The Crown's case is that her drunkenness, youth and vulnerability would have been recognised by the defendants.

"And it was these factors that they took advantage of in the couple of hours that followed."

Mr Taylor claimed the girl was taken to the home of Rahani.

"Once there she was raped by men on multiple occasions. Through drink, and most likely the trauma of what happened to her, she was unable to provide any detailed descriptions," he told the jury.

Mr Taylor went on: "The girl had found herself in a room of the second floor.

"In that grubby room, with an uncovered mattress on the floor, multiple males had sex with the teenager.

"She says that she did not consent. Indeed, you may well conclude that she was too drunk to give any true consent to any sexual intercourse in any event.

The case was heard at Canterbury Crown Court
The case was heard at Canterbury Crown Court

"But what is clear is that each of the men took the opportunity to have a little 'fun' at her expense."

Mr Taylor said the teenager had been out with friends that evening and had been making her way home.

He added that she had drunk alcohol which was the equivalent of being twice over the drink-drive limit.

After the alleged attacks, she was "escorted" out of the property by one of the men "and left to roam the streets alone," claimed Mr Taylor.

The girl was found "sobbing and distressed" by a woman returning home and taken into her home for safety.

The trial continues.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More