Home   Thanet   News   Article

Margate thief caught stealing from Ramsgate Wilko kicked security guard so hard she left footprint on his head

A woman caught stealing from Wilko kicked a security guard so hard she left her trainer footprint on his forehead.

Faye Butterfill lashed out when she and accomplice Jordan Best were confronted at the store in Ramsgate.

Butterfill kicked store detective Lee Dimond in the head at the Wilko store in Ramsgate. Stock picture: Google Maps
Butterfill kicked store detective Lee Dimond in the head at the Wilko store in Ramsgate. Stock picture: Google Maps

Security officer Lee Dimond had stepped in to help colleague Paul Chambers restrain Best when Butterfill kicked him several times.

Such was the force of the blows that an imprint of the sole of her trainer was left on Mr Dimond’s head.

Folkestone magistrates were told the incident took place on January 18 this year.

Prosecutor Leanne James said: “Best was being restrained by employee Paul Chambers and initially [Butterfill] wasn’t getting involved.

“But then she raised a pint glass and started screaming something. Mr Dimond then helped restrain Best by putting him to the floor and leaning on him.

Butterfill appeared at Folkestone Magistrates' Court
Butterfill appeared at Folkestone Magistrates' Court

“The store detective told him to calm down, but Best got more aggressive and this is when Butterfill intervened and approached and kicked Mr Dimond full pelt, two or three times in the head.

“Mr Dimond was dealing with Best and couldn’t protect himself, and as everyone was screaming and shouting he lost grip of Best, who then further assaulted Mr Dimond numerous times.

“Best could also be heard shouting to Butterfill ‘kick him in the head again’, and Butterfill replied ‘I already have’, and stood on his hand with her foot.”

Ms James said the incident continued until police arrived, with Mr Chambers also assaulted by Best.

An ambulance was called for Mr Dimond, who was taken to the QEQM Hospital in Margate after complaining of feeling nauseous and light-headed.

“He was sick a few times in the ambulance and his temples were swollen and his nose scratched,” said the prosecutor.

“He had a split lip inside his mouth and some tenderness to his jaw, and scraped knees and knuckles.

“He also had a footprint of her trainer on his forehead.”

Butterfill, 40, was arrested and charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

She pleaded guilty to the offence, plus a separate charge of stealing air fresheners, when she appeared before Folkestone Magistrates’ Court on May 9.

She also admitted swiping two ready meals from a Co-op store in Westgate on January 16.

Best, 37, of Alma Road, Sheerness, was charged with actual bodily harm in relation to the attack on Mr Dimond, and admitted the offence earlier this month.

He also pleaded guilty to assaulting PC Nick Davison, who had gone to the Wilko store to arrest him and Butterfill, as well as two separate shoplifting offences.

He will be sentenced at Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on May 30, while Margate magistrates will decide Butterfill’s punishment on August 7.

Close This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse the site you are agreeing to our use of cookies.Learn More