A funfair where a teenage boy was found dead is due to open tomorrow, bosses have confirmed.
The fair in Pencester Gardens was supposed to start at midday on Wednesday, but remained closed after being taped off by police.
Officers were called to the scene alongside paramedics and the fire service following reports that a body had been found on one of the rides.
South East Coast Ambulance Service was alerted to the incident at 7.42am on Wednesday.
"We immediately dispatched a number of clinical resources to the scene, however, sadly, a teenage boy was pronounced as deceased at the scene," a spokesman said.
The boy is understood to have suffered fatal injuries following an accident on the fairground ride, which was not operating at the time.
Forrest Amusments confirmed this morning that the victim was not associated with the company in any way.
While the police tape around the fairground was removed several hours after officers were first called, entryways were blocked off by fences that remain in place today.
A spokesperson for the family-run company said that Dover District Council (DDC) has given the fair the go-ahead to welcome customers after health and safety officers completed their investigations.
"We were given the all-clear to open after conversations with the council, but we are remaining closed today and will open on Friday," they said.
"We are still in shock, and we have no more information on what happened than anyone else."
The firm, which was established in 1889 and has bases in Herne Bay and Dartford, says on its website: "All rides hold independent safety certificates and are covered by our £10 million pound liability insurance.
"All our funfair attractions are operated in accordance with the British HSG175 standard for safe practise at Fairgrounds and Amusement Parks."
It said in a brief statement yesterday that it was "deeply shocked and saddened" by yesterday's tragic incident.
A further statement is expected later today.