A teenage boy who died in a funfair tragedy has been named in touching tributes as Mackenzie Croxford-Cook.
Flowers, cards and candles have been laid outside the fair in Dover, where the 14-year-old was pronounced dead on Wednesday morning.
Emergency services had been called to Pencester Gardens following a "serious incident" at the fair just before 7.45am.
The fairground was cordoned off, and ambulance services later confirmed a boy had died at the scene.
Mackenzie is understood to have suffered fatal injuries following an accident on the fairground ride, which was not operating at the time.
Today, groups of his friends were seen attaching balloons and pictures to a bus shelter in Stenbrook Car Park, next to the park.
There are also bunches of flowers and candles on the floor, as well as messages and photographs of Mackenzie with friends and family.
One message reads: "To Mackenzie, you don't know how much people are gonna miss you.
"We all loved you Mackenzie."
Another said: "Rest in peace, you went too soon.
"Everyone misses you, I wish you were still here. I miss your hugs, smile, laugh and everything you do.
"You were too young."
A message taped to a bunch of flowers described the young teen as "always there for people to make them smile.
"I'm going to miss your smile... I will never forget you," it added.
Funfair bosses have confirmed the fair will reopen on Friday after health and safety teams completed inspections yesterday.
But the ride involved in the tragedy has been dismantled and will not reopen.
In a statement released this afternoon, they said: "We, Forrest Amusements are saddened by the recent incident that occurred yesterday at our funfair event in Pencester Gardens, Dover.
"We learned at approx 7.20am that a young local boy had incurred fatal injuries at the fair whilst the fair was closed to the public.
"An investigation has been carried out and we fully cooperated with the HSE who spent the day inspecting the whole of the fair and gave permission for us to re-open on Wednesday.
"Out of respect for the boy’s family, our decision was to remain closed on both Wednesday and Thursday.
"We will however open this Friday and Saturday at 12pm to 8pm as originally planned.
"Whilst Forrest Amusements or any of their rides and attractions were not at fault, we have taken the decision to close the ride involved again out of respect for the family.
"Our thoughts and sympathy are with the boy’s family at this terrible time."
The statement adds: "We would like to take this opportunity to thank the public for their understanding whilst we remain closed and for all the many messages, phone calls and support at this sad time.
"The safety and well-being of the public are our first priority. We will continue to work tirelessly to keep our impeccable safety record on all rides and attractions."